Erin and her guest Kristy Guevara-Flanagan discuss Guevara-Flanagan’s latest documentary, “Body Parts.” The film explores the evolution of sex in film and television from a woman’s perspective and uncovers the uncomfortable realities behind some iconic scenes.
In this episode, they also discuss:
- Guevara-Flanagan’s journey into documentary filmmaking
- The inspiration behind documentary “Body Parts”
- Connection between the images we see and how they affect our culture
- The use of body doubles in Hollywood
- The role of media literacy for parents and caregivers
- Advice for aspiring filmmakers and importance of supporting documentary filmmaking
You can also read the Girls That Create Creator Spotlight profile about Guevara-Flanagan.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review so we can keep supporting future female creators.