Erin and Dr. Catherine Pearlman discuss a question all parents and caregivers must face: When should I give my child their first phone? Dr. Pearlman is the author of First Phone: A Child’s Guide to Digital Responsibility, Safety, and Etiquette.
In this episode, they also chat about:
- Why Dr. Pearlman wrote First Phone with the audience being kids themselves
- That parents need to have confidence in their kids and the choices they make
- Modeling healthy phone behavior for kids and teaching them to manage technology
- What to do when your child makes an online mistake
- Understanding data and not fearing it
Girls That Create also interviewed Dr. Pearlman for our Parenting Section when First Phone was released.
This episode of The Girls That Create Podcast is brought to you by Audible. Get a free audiobook download and 30-day free trial. There are thousands of titles for your iPhone, Android, Kindle, or mp3 player. This selection includes Dr. Pearlman’s book. You and your kiddos can listen to it and then discuss the ins and outs of getting a first phone together.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review so we can keep supporting future female creators.