Erin and her guest Maria Brito chat about creativity, the importance of curiosity, the myth of the starving artist, and the role of failure in the creative process. Brito is a New York-based contemporary art advisor, curator, Harvard Law School graduate, and the author of How Creativity Rules the World: The Art and Business of Turning Your Ideas into Gold.
In this episode, they also discuss:
- Brito’s background and inspiration for her book
- Her journey from being a lawyer to an art advisor
- Importance of silence and alone time in fostering creativity
- Myths about creativity
- Importance of curiosity and asking questions
- Advice for girls interested in art curation
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review so we can keep supporting future female creators.
You can also support Girls That Create by becoming a sustaining member with Memberful.