Erin and guest Kailan Carr, owner of Quiet Book Queen and Crafts in Between, chat about the importance of screen-free activities for young children and the potential impact of screen time on their development. Carr is the author of the upcoming children’s book Screens Away, Time to Play.
In this episode, they also discuss:
- Carr’s journey from elementary teacher to starting her business
- Early childhood education philosophies
- How screen-free activities can foster creativity and imagination in children
- Talking with educators about the role of screens in the classroom
- Having open conversations with your children about screens
- How independent play is essential for children’s development
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review so we can keep supporting future female creators.