The Addiction Inoculation With Jessica Lahey
For the third episode of the Girls That Create podcast, host Erin Prather Stafford welcomes author Jessica Lahey for a talk about her book “The Addiction Inoculation: Raising Healthy Kids in a Culture of Dependence” and how parents and caregivers can prevent substance abuse in children.
Listen to the full interview with on Word of Mom Radio.
In this episode, they discuss:
- Tips for talking with kids about substance abuse
- Setting clear house rules, aka expectations, and why that’s important
- Why kids often turn to alcohol first regarding substances
- Changes we can make in our parenting that will help our kids be more resistant to substance abuse
- Creativity and substance abuse
You can also read Lahey’s essays on Girls That Create about supporting creativity in her children:
You can purchase “The Addiction Inoculation” online at Bookshop via our affiliate link. Bookshop’s mission is to financially support local, independent bookstores.
Follow Girls That Create on Instagram or subscribe to our YouTube channel where we post video clips of our podcast interviews.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review so we can keep supporting future female creators.
You can also support Girls That Create through a membership with Memberful and purchase fun items at our online Store.