Our friends at Rebel Girls have a new board book that will introduce your littlest reader to the lives of extraordinary women. Titled Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Baby’s First Book of Extraordinary Women, it features artists and inventors, athletes, and activists from around the world in colorful, inviting pages. This book will give bedtimes an inspiring lift and is a great gift for baby showers and 1st through 3rd birthdays. (This post contains affiliate links via Bookshop, whose mission is to support local, independent bookstores financially).
More Books, App, and Activities
Rebel Girls has more great titles in their library celebrating phenomenal women as your kiddo grows older. In addition to Rebel Girls: Baby’s First Book of Extraordinary Women, other Rebel Girls titles include:
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls 2
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Real-Life Tales of Black Girl Magic
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: 100 Immigrant Women Who Changed the World
- Rebel Girls Lead: 25 Tales of Powerful Women
- Questions for Rebel Girls
There’s also the Rebel Girls app. It offers the same great content as the books and is ideal for girls seven and older. The app was designed with four pillars in mind:
- Empower and Excite: Inspirational women prove that anything is possible.
- Spark Imagination: Activities and prompts inspire creativity.
- Feed her Curiosity: Take girls on a journey through history worldwide.
- Make Family Time Special: Dream together while discovering the incredible accomplishments of women.
In 2022, it was recognized as an Apple Design Award winner. The app is also home to the Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls podcast.
Rebel Girls also offers free worksheet activities you can download for girls ages seven to twelve. Topics include “Activating your Imagination,” “What Makes You Original,” and “Explore How to be an Entrepreneur.”
Rebel Girls: Baby’s First Book of Extraordinary Women is a great tool to introduce your youngest household member to remarkable female heroes and stories they can explore in greater detail as they grow older. We can’t wait to see what the brand comes up with next.
Written by Erin Prather Stafford
Images provided by Rebel Girls